Monday, July 21, 2008

I made it to Rome!

I made it to Rome safe and sound. God does have a sense of humor however. The fun started when my flight from Houston to Newark was pushed back. I ended up barely making it to Newark in time to get on the flight for Rome. Once I was on the plane, I was able to play the fun game of guess who is a seminarian. Unfortunately, 10 of the guys missed the flight and didn't make it into Rome until much later. Once I got in the plane, I found out that my chair couldn't recline. I wasn't able to sleep much because of that, so I was a zombie when I finally made it to Rome. It was not until I went to get my baggage that I found out my baggage didn't make the plane to Rome. I hope that it shows up soon, but I'm not betting on it. I still find it hard to believe that I am actually in Rome. Tomorrow we begin to go tour some of the things in Rome, so I will try to take some pictures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Luke!!
It's great to hear that you made it to Rome safely, dispite your troubles! I can't wait to see the pictures and here more of how Rome is going! I'm thinking of you and you are in my prayers! I'm still hoping that my family and I can come to Rome next summer and see you! That would be great! I'll talk to you soon! God Bless Luke!

Your Brother in Christ,
Matthew Giacomuzzi

donna joy said...

Glad you made it safely! Can't wait to see some pictures-i'm sure it's very surreal right now~

Unknown said...

Good to hear that you made it!

Reichert said...

Just think it will make a great homily one day. :)