I apologize for those who tried to check my photos, and were not able to because of the large size. I thought you would be able to select Albums individually which was not the case. Here are the links for all of the Albums separately:
Brugge, Belgium: A wonderful Medieval town. Highlights were the canals, ancient buildings, Eucharistic miracle, handmade lace, and flavored gins. This was my favorite Belgium town. I was especially moved by the Eucharistic miracle. You are able to go up and touch this vial holding blood that is said to be Christ's preserved since the Crucifixion which was brought to Brugge after one of the Crusades. I am sometimes skeptical about claims like this, but I was very moved when I was able to touch the vial and pray over it. I can also attest to the fact that the blood still looked fresh to me.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=zuf920z.7kh680oj&x=1&y=3o0577&localeid=en_US
Brussels, Belgium: A larger more metropolitan city. Many beautiful buildings, and the famous Mannekinpis. It is exactly what it sounds like, a fountain with a little boy peeing. They dress him up in costumes throughout the year, so you will see him in a Santa suit.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=zuf920z.1wlp454j&x=1&y=-5cw63w&localeid=en_US
Leuven, Belgium: Another wonderful town in Belgium. It is a University town filled with students. Belgium is known for its beer, and Leuven was a wonderful place to sample it. Some of the buildings were beautiful, but the best part was the ability to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. For those who know about Fulton Sheen, I stayed at the American Seminary where he studied while in Leuven.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=zuf920z.1bnq07zn&x=1&y=-gldhq9&localeid=en_US
Cologne, Germany: Famous for the Cologne Cathedral which contains the relics of the Three Magi which were brought to Cologne during Medieval times. The front of the Cathedral is over 500 feet tall, and is quite stunning to look at. The rest of Cologne was destroyed during WWII, so it was more modern than I expected. My great grandparents were married in the Cologne Cathderal, so I wanted to make sure I visited it this t=year.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=zuf920z.2aolc0hf&x=1&y=-304gar&localeid=en_US
Prague, Czech Republic: A beautiful medieval city. Krakow and Prague were two of the few beautiful medieval cities to survive destruction during WWII. It has many famous sites such as Charles Bridge, the Prague Castle, and Old Town Square with the Astrological Clock. Prague is a great city to get lost in and explore.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=zuf920z.54h0um5n&x=1&y=-l38sil&localeid=en_US
Auschwitz, Poland: I wrote on my experience at Auschwitz earlier, so I will leave it at that.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=zuf920z.5jhotmsr&x=0&y=qnju0a&localeid=en_US
Wieliczka Salt Mine, outside Krakow, Poland: A World Heritage Site worth visiting. It is one of the largest salt mines still in operation, although its operation is fairly limited now. The miners in their spare time would carve statues and chapels in the caverns they created while mining.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=zuf920z.1jcw0pe3&x=1&y=plezu2&localeid=en_US
Krakow, Poland: My favorite European city so far. This is where John Paul II spent most of his life prior to becoming Pope. The historic portion of the city is small, but I was able to spend days there without being bored. The city is currently very cheap because it is not on the Euro which makes it easy to spend a lot of time there. It has great antique stores, beautiful parks, great vodka, and good food. Even more important, it has a vibrant Catholic culture. This city has more Churches per square mile than any other city with the exception of Rome. Of note is the Wawel Castle area.
Also mixed in this Album are pictures from our Lady of Czestochowa.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=zuf920z.67nojhqj&x=1&y=-t362ju&localeid=en_US
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment